Enjoy this August 2022 panorama taken over Alkham Valley Road
The Alkham Valley Society
Founded in 1977, the Alkham Valley Society took as its original aim the preservation of the natural environment and unique character of the Alkham Valley. The Society was formed to act as a pressure group for matters affecting the Alkham Valley in response to the destruction of ancient woodland, including Sladden Wood, and a number of significant hedgerows in 1977.
- Last AGM: (Nov 28th) Alkham Village Hall. (see News to review materials)
- Upcoming: (see Events) Drink/Nibbles/Pub Meal at Marquis (Thursday, March 16)
- Other activities like visits to places of interest & guests talks : TBA
- Anyone can join with an interest in sustaining what the Valley has to offer.
- The Society participates or has membership in:
|White Cliffs Countryside Project||Council for the Preservation of Rural England|
|Kent Federation of Amenity Societies||Kent Wildlife Trust|