The Alkham Valley Society
Founded in 1977, the Alkham Valley Society took as its original aim the preservation of the natural environment and unique character of the Alkham Valley. The Society was formed to act as a pressure group for matters affecting the Alkham Valley in response to the destruction of ancient woodland, including Sladden Wood, and a number of significant hedgerows in 1977.
- Open to Public: 2023 AVS AGM (Nov 21st, 7pm, Village Hall (see News for more)
- Other Activities: (see Google Calendar below) both past & future
If you have an interest in the Alkham Valley, please join, but for now, you can:
- Appreciate this AVS’s Panorama of the Alkham Valley from above.
- Read the Alkham.org’s Village Newsletters back to 1997
- Explore Alkham.org’s Footpaths around Alkham (aka PROWs)
The Society participates with/has membership in: